TU Berlin

Master UmweltplanungFAQs

Inhalt des Dokuments

zur Navigation

Frequently Asked Questions


Which undergraduate degrees will be accepted for admission to the Program? What are considered 'related disciplines'?

According to the Regulation on Admission and Selection 2017 a university program in one of the following disciplines is necessary for studying in the MSc. Environmental Planning program:

  • ecology and environmental planning,
  • ecology,
  • environmental planning,
  • landscape planning,
  • landscape architecture,
  • urban and regional planning,
  • geography (with a focus on physical geography and geographical information systems
  • environmental sciences,
  • ecology/nature conservation,
  • spatial planning,
  • environmental policy
  • or a related subject

Can I apply for the program if I have not yet finished my Bachelor degree but will have graduated at the time of the start of the Master Program?

You can apply before you have finished your Bachelor's degree but have to include a statement of your university indicating the amount of credits (ECTS) you have achieved so far as well as the grade. For a 6-term Bachelor program, you have to have achieved 150 of the required 180 credits (ECTS); in a 7-term program, 180 ECTS credits and in an 8-term program, 210 ECTS credits are required at the time you apply. A model for such a statement can be downloaded here.

How can I prove my English skills?

You have to prove that your English skills meet the level of C1 of the Common European Framework (CEF).

The following list gives an overview of accepted English tests and required results (file for download).

The final determination of equivalence will be made after submission of the application by the responsible admissions committee (Prüfungsausschuss).

What is the TOEFL-Test and where can I take it?

The TOEFL-Test (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is a standardized test which assesses your English skills. This internet-based test consists of four parts: Listening, Reading, Speaking, and Writing. You can register for the test online at www.ets.org where you also find more information on the TOEFL-Test.


The TU Berlin TOEFL-Code number is: 2727

Nach oben

What level of German skills is required?

There is no official requirement for a certain level of German skills when you apply for the program. However, we recommend that you have at least basic German skills (B1) which you are willing to expand during your studies at TU Berlin as this will not only ease your daily life but will enable you to also choose from classes that are only offered in German (classes from other Master programs as choice modules). At TU Berlin the ZEMS (Zentraleinrichtung Moderne Sprachen) offers language classes ranging from level A2 to advanced levels and also special classes for planning and architecture students which you can take and which can count as electives as well.

When will I find out if I am accepted to the Master of Environmental Planning program?

The letter of acceptance or regret will be sent out during the summer via postal mail.

What do I have to do after I have received a letter of acceptance to the MEP Program?

The process is described in the letter you have received. You have to submit the documents listed within the stated period of time. For further information, refer to the following brochure (here).

What are the IBAN and SWIFT information of TU Berlin in order to be able to transfer the administration fees from abroad?

The TU Berlin bank account number: 88 41 01 50 20 at the Berliner Volksbank eG (Bank Code/BLZ 100 900 00).

For bank transfers from abroad: BIC: BEVODEBB, IBAN DE95 1009 0000 8841 0150 20


Receiving a Visa to study in Germany takes a long time. What can I do to still enroll and start my semester in time?

With a few exceptions, foreign students require a “student visa” ("Visum für Studienzwecke") prior to entry into the Federal Republic of Germany for study purposes.

The processing time for a visa usually requires several weeks. To avoid missing the matriculation deadline or the start of the term, it is important to know that you can apply for a visa even before you have received an official acceptance letter.

Candidates who have applied via uni-assist e.V. obtained a confirmation of receiving their application. It is possible to replace the acceptance letter usually needed to apply for a visa by an application confirmation by the university or with this relay message from uni-assist.

For more information please consult the website of the office of student affairs or contact the international student counseling.



Schnellnavigation zur Seite über Nummerneingabe